YouTube is a free video sharing website that makes it easy to watch YouTube videos online. YouTube allows us to create and upload our videos to share with others. YouTube is now one of the most popular sites on the Web, with visitors watching around 7 billion hours of YouTube video every month.
YouTube is helping eCommerce online shops’ growth and 45% of consumers want to see more video content, a video platform like YouTube is the perfect way to connect those needs.
What makes YouTube videos so effective for an online shop?
Integrating / Embedding YouTube Videos on our online shop will help consumers to understand our products and also will increase the consumer audience for our products. Consumers usually purchase / buy our products after a detailed evaluation such as Product brand, Product Categories, Product type, Product Lifetime, Product Quality, Storage information, Accepted payment service providers, Accepted payment methods, EMI facilities, and so on. YouTube platform is helping our consumers to know about our product brand and detailed information.
How to Create a YouTube Channel?
Follow these instructions to create your own YouTube channel with your brand / shop name to upload your YouTube Videos:
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer or using the mobile site.
- Go to your channel list.
- Choose to create a new channel or use an existing Brand Account:
- Create a new channel by clicking Create a new channel.
- Create a YouTube channel for a Brand Account that you already manage by choosing the Brand Account from the list. If this Brand Account already has a channel, you can’t create a new one. You will just be switched over to that channel if you select the Brand Account from the list.
- Fill out the required details to name your new channel and verify your account. Then, click Done. This creates a new Brand Account.
How to Embed YouTube Videos on the product page?
Integrating / Embedding YouTube Videos on the product page is very simple. Once you uploaded your product description / any promotional videos to your YouTube Channel, you will get a unique reference ID (like u7okcPASGKg). You can use this ID and refer to your video in the HTML code.
Playing a YouTube Video in HTML
To play your video on a web page, do the following:
- Upload the video to YouTube
- Take a note of the video ID
- Create / Define an
<iframe>element in your web page
- Let the
srcattribute point to the video URL like https://www.youtube.com/embed/u7okcPASGKg
- Use the
heightattributes to specify the dimension of the player
- Add any other parameters to the URL (see below)
<iframe width="450" height="550" allowfullscreen frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/u7okcPASGKg"> </iframe>